This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

WEST MILL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WEST MILL

List entry Number: 1022554

Location

WEST MILL, HORRINGER ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: St. Edmundsbury

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Bury St. Edmunds

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Jul-1972

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 466924

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BURY ST EDMUNDS

TL86SW HORRINGER ROAD 639-1/13/450 (South side) 12/07/72 West Mill

GV II

House and attached steam mill. Early C19, with late C19 extensions to house. The house is timber-framed and rendered with a double-gabled slate roof. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Pierced and shaped bargeboards to the shallow gables and to a small single-storey extension on the left of the front, all with pendants terminating in open lanterns. 4 window range: 9-pane sashes in flush cased frames. Various windows to the ground storey: 2 sashes with a single vertical bar to lights, one inserted flat-roofed canted 3-light bay, and one late C20 window with plate glass. A half-glazed entrance door with a C19 latticed timber porch. The entrance door was formerly on the north side, but was moved when the house was extended on the north west. The Mill, now disused, is dated 1846. In red brick with a slate roof. 3 storeys; L-shaped form with a projecting gabled wing which has a small-paned fixed window to each storey, the top one blocked, and a roundel in the gable inscribed W+O 1846. Entrance door, with another door above it, in the splayed north-east angle.







Listing NGR: TL8414063099

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 84140 63099

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022554 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2017 at 04:47:51.

End of official listing