FISHWICKS COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1022612
Date first listed:
19-Nov-1997
Statutory Address:
FISHWICKS COTTAGES, 37 AND 39, BANK PARADE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FISHWICKS COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022612 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-May-2019 at 19:26:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
FISHWICKS COTTAGES, 37 AND 39, BANK PARADE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Burnley (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 84272 32757

Details

BURNLEY

SD8432NW BANK PARADE 906-1/16/7 (East side) Nos.37 AND 39 Fishwicks Cottages

GV II

Row of 4 cottages, now business premises with store to left. 1790-1800, in 3 builds (Nos 37 and 39 added); altered. Coursed squared sandstone, with stone slate roof to the right-hand half and corrugated asbestos sheet to the left. Rectangular plan, Nos 37 and 39 single-fronted and the store to the left probably formerly similar. 3 storeys, 2+1+1 windows, with vertical joints between Nos 37 and 39, and between No.39 and the portion to the left. No.37 has the doorway abutting the junction to the left, with a plain surround and 4-pane overlight, a C19 shop-window at ground floor, and one 9-pane sashed window on each floor above; No.39 has the doorway in the centre, flanked by 9-pane windows, all these with plain surrounds, and one similar window in the centre of each upper floor. These 2 have cut-down chimneys. The store to the left (which has filled ground to the front) has remains of former openings at basement level, two 3-light flush-mullion windows at 1st floor, a former taking-in doorway to the left, and 2 large inserted 9-pane windows to the upper floor (which has been raised). INTERIOR not inspected. HISTORY: the altered portion to the left was formerly a handloom weaving workshop.







Listing NGR: SD8427232757

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
466982
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].