MANOR FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1022654

Date first listed: 17-Jan-1955

Statutory Address: MANOR FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022654 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 23:39:01.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Clyffe Pypard

National Grid Reference: SU 07618 78398

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 07 NE CLYFFE PYPARD THORNHILL

9/22 Manor Farm 17.1.55 II

Farmhouse, C17, clunch faced in brick, stone tiled roof. 5 bays, 2-storey with added stone gabled porch. To right rear wing of 3 bays, brick with tiled roof. Timber casement windows with segmental heads. At left end large cross wing added 1723-4 by Mr. Townsend, 5 bays 2-storey and attic. Flemish bond brick with plat band and central entrance to garden raised on 4 stone steps. Timber panelled doorcase with rectangular fanlight and flat moulded wood canopy supported by plain console brackets. Cross windows with leaded glazing, iron opening casements with elaborate wrought iron catchplates and stays. Cavetto eaves moulding. In hipped roof two hipped casement dormers to attic. Two major rear stacks to this wing and small gable stacks. The wing contains reception rooms with fielded panelling, moulded chair rail and cornice. Date stone on gable of this wing was removed from demolished stable Reads: 'Vingt Cours/Herfordie 1596', Monogram. VCH translates COMES DE HERTFORD and states stone was once on house. (Accounts in BNG Oxford, Thornhill 11 and 18.

Listing NGR: SU0761878398

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 316710

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing