THE PLOUGH PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1023056
Date first listed:
17-Jan-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
17-Apr-1986
Statutory Address:
THE PLOUGH PUBLIC HOUSE, BACK LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PLOUGH PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023056 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 02:31:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE PLOUGH PUBLIC HOUSE, BACK LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ashton Keynes
National Grid Reference:
SU0471094313

Details

SU 09 SW ASHTON KEYNES BACK LANE (north side)

10/25 The Plough P.H. (formerly listed as Plough Inn) 17.1.55 II

Homestead, public house since before 1867. 1694 TEB on datestone. Colourwashed roughcast on stone and with stone quoining. Stone slate roof. Two storeys and attic, 5 x 2 bays with right extension of further 2 bays. C20 rear addition. Central pair of doors and C20 canopy, blind window over. C19 timber cross windows with painted stucco surrounds. Two stacks to central back to back fireplaces. Wide sprocketed eaves and roof hipped left, and with 2 small hipped dormers. Extension also colourwashed with stone slate roof, and C20 ground floor windows. Building said to have once been a candle factory. Long range of stables and outbuildings to rear.

Listing NGR: SU0471094313

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
317674
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/05201/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Robert Slade. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].