OLD MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1023262

Date first listed: 28-Oct-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 03-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: OLD MANOR HOUSE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023262 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 18:34:30.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD MANOR HOUSE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Sopworth

National Grid Reference: ST 82701 86174

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SOPWORTH THE STREET, ST 88 NW (west side) 2/169 Old Manor House (formerly listed as House south of George Inn) 28.10.59 II

Detached house. Circa 1700 with c1840 alterations and additions. Colourwashed render with rusticated stone quoins, ashlar dressings and gabled roof with slate to the south-east and stone slate to the north-west; end rendered stacks. Two-storey, 5-bay south-east front. All windows are flat section ovolo-moulded cross mullions with small pane casements. Central doorway with panelled jambs and bolection architrave, flat hood on carved brackets and 4-raised- and-fielded panel door with 4 top glazed lights. Moulded plinth course, first floor continuous string course and coved cornice. Rear reveals 1840 additions encasing original staircase tower. Interior. Inaccessible, but reputed to have original staircase and panelling in ground floor rooms. (N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England: Wiltshire, 1975)

Listing NGR: ST8270186174

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 318166

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N , The Buildings of England: Wiltshire, (1975)

End of official listing