ROUND ROBIN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1023345

Date first listed: 20-Sep-1979

Statutory Address: ROUND ROBIN FARMHOUSE, FRIARS HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROUND ROBIN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023345 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 05:04:23.

Location

Statutory Address: ROUND ROBIN FARMHOUSE, FRIARS HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Swindon (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Highworth

National Grid Reference: SU 20965 90573

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5410 HIGHWORTH FRIARS HILL Round Robin Farmhouse SU 29 SW 6/241

II

2. Dated 1772 though possibly rebuilt circa 1800. Two and a half storeys rubble with brick quoins and quoined brick dressings and a 3 course band of vitreous headers over the ground floor. Modern tile roof with 2 hipped dormers and gable end chimneys (plus another). Three bays, segmental headed glazing bar sash windows in moulded frames. Projecting gabled C20 porch left of centre with a Regency knocker. Blocked door right of centre, above is a stone tablet inscribed F.W. A.D. 1772, and a Royal Exchange Fire Insurance Mark (No 186744) taken out in 1801 for house, dairy, barns, rickyards and utensils. L plan extension to rear with 2 ridge heights, lower part stone tiled. The nearby contemporary barn and granary have lost their roofs and are not of special interest. The farmhouse is significant as an early dated example of the use of brick quoins and dressings which became common in the C19.

Listing NGR: SU2096590573

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 318375

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing