CHURCH OF ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1023370

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Sep-1979

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, SEVENHAMPTON, SN6 7QA

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023370 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 03:22:33.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JAMES, SEVENHAMPTON, SN6 7QA

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Swindon (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Highworth

National Grid Reference: SU 20970 90386

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 03/05/2016

SU 29 SW 6/314

HIGHWORTH SEVENHAMPTON Church of St James

(Formerly listed as Church of St Andrew, previously listed as Church of St James)

26.1.55

II 1864 by W. Pedley. Early English. Rubble on moulded plinth. Stone slate roof. Three stage tower, ashlar, upper stage arcaded. Angle buttresses. Four bay nave with gabled porch to south facing avenue of lines leading to gates of Warnford Place. Two bay chancel. Interior: ashlar with truss rafter roofs. En delit purbeck shafts to windows (a triplet at east end). Fleur de lys tiles. Chancel arch on angel corbels. Font. A small earlier portable marble font too, turned baluster shape with Warnford/Banbury arms and a turned wood cover. Ian Fleming, the author, buried in churchyard.

Listing NGR: SU2097090386

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 318442

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing