This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SIX MATTHEWS ETC CHEST TOMBS IN SOUTH CORNER OF CHURCHYARD, CHURCH OF ST MARY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SIX MATTHEWS ETC CHEST TOMBS IN SOUTH CORNER OF CHURCHYARD, CHURCH OF ST MARY

List entry Number: 1023475

Location

SIX MATTHEWS ETC CHEST TOMBS IN SOUTH CORNER OF CHURCHYARD, CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Swindon

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Apr-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 318697

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHURCH LANE, SU 18 SW SWINDON West Swindon

3/37 Six Matthews etc chest tombs in south corner of churchyard, Church of St. Mary, Lydiard Park GV II

Group of 6 chest tombs, set in 3 rows. East row: from north to south:- a. JOHN MATTHEWS, 1832, limestone, with hipped and moulded top, and recessed corner balusters. b. Similar, inscription not clearly legible. Centre row, from north to south:- c. Limestone, moulded table, recessed corner balusters, inscription within raised oval panel. JOHN MATTHEWS, 1802, and CATHERINE. d. Limestone, similar to last but plain sides with light relief carving. WILLIAM MATTHEWS, 1774. West row, from north : ___ e. JANE PLUMMER, nee SAUNDERS, 1854 and EDWARD PLUMMER (memorial) 1894. Form as a. f. form as a. STEPHEN MATTHEWS, 1845.

Listing NGR: SU1040284752

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU1040284752

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023475 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2017 at 02:23:33.

End of official listing