This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

DE VAUX LODGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DE VAUX LODGE

List entry Number: 1023645

Location

DE VAUX LODGE, 9, DE VAUX PLACE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Salisbury

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 28-Feb-1952

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 319088

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DE VAUX PLACE 1. 1594 No 9 (De Vaux Lodge) SU 1429 SW 5/358 28.2.52. II GV 2. No 9 was originally part of the College de Valle founded by Bishop Giles Bridport in 1261 as a theological college which continued there until the Dissolution. Mid C18 rebuilding as separate house. 2 storeys red brick with projecting moulded plinth and fill height flanking Doric brick pilasters. Moulded brick triglyph frieze and stone cornice broken forward over pilasters, plain parapet. Symmetrical fenestration. 3 windows. lst floor, 2 on ground floor with segmenta heads, sashes glazing bars intact, all with keystones. Shaped brick aprons to Ist floor windows. Central door of 6 fielded panels in projecting brick surround of Doric pilasters and cornice, Modern 2 storey brick extension to right hand, 1928, very few internal early features. Reset C17/Cl8 panelling from 47 Winchester Street qv.

No 9 forms an important group with Nos 6 & 8 St Nicholas's Road.

Listing NGR: SU1436129232

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 14333 29187

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023645 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2017 at 09:22:51.

End of official listing