MEADOW COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1023826

Date first listed: 28-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: MEADOW COTTAGES, 2 AND 3, POST OFFICE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MEADOW COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023826 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 03:49:30.

Location

Statutory Address: MEADOW COTTAGES, 2 AND 3, POST OFFICE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Laverstock

National Grid Reference: SU 15850 30881

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 13 SE LAVERSTOCK POST OFFICE LANE (west side)

2/113 Nos. 2 and 3 Meadow Cottages



II

Pair of cottages. C17 with late C19 rebuilding. Irregular English bond brick to ground floor and C19 Flemish bond to first floor, thatched roof with brick stacks. One storey and attic, 3 windows. To left and right are glazed doors in early C20 gabled porches, windows are three 3-light casements under segmental heads. First floor has three gabled dormers with 2-light casements. Right and left returns have one cast-iron casement to ground floor. Deep eaves to gables. Interior has chamfered ceiling beams. History: In 1649 Parliamentary Survey this was the Parsonage, and was marked on 1820 parish map as the Rectory. In c1880 a fire necessitated the remodelling of the C17 building, which was timber-framed in C16. (Wiltshire Archaeological Magazine Vol 40, 1919. Unpublished records of RCHM (England), Salisbury.)

Listing NGR: SU1585030881

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 319493

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Magazine' in Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Magazine, , Vol. 40, (1919)

End of official listing