This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ALLEY COTTAGE ATTACHED TO NORTH SIDE OF BARFORD PARK FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ALLEY COTTAGE ATTACHED TO NORTH SIDE OF BARFORD PARK FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1023859

Location

ALLEY COTTAGE ATTACHED TO NORTH SIDE OF BARFORD PARK FARMHOUSE, BARFORD LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Downton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 319567

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DOWNTON BARFORD LANE SU 12 SE (west side) 4/8 Alley Cottage attached to north side of Barford Park Farmhouse

GV II

Cottage and stable. CD 1695 incised on keystone over window on front, converted to farm cottage early C19. English bond brick, tiled hipped roof, brick stacks. Single storey and attic, 3 windows. Planked door in beaded case to left, cross window to centre with dated keystone, blocked door to left and inserted doorway and C19 casement to right. Three gablets with 2-light casements to attic. Right return has inserted planked door, 3- light cast-iron casements and small casements. Rear outshut with double gabled roof, central planked door in chamfered case and 2- light and 1-light cast-iron casements. Valley between gables has tile-hung extension. Interior has planked doors, C17 newel stairs with splat balusters and plank and muntin partition below hand rail, C18 beaded fireplace and doorcase to north side, Initials CD are of Sir Charles Duncombe who bought the Barford Park Estate in 1690; Barford House was demolished 1815. (Unpublished records of RCHM (England), Salisbury)

Listing NGR: SU1820822583

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 18208 22583

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023859 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Nov-2017 at 06:07:54.

End of official listing