SCHOOL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1023872

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1960

Statutory Address: SCHOOL HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SCHOOL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023872 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 17:04:01.

Location

Statutory Address: SCHOOL HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Downton

National Grid Reference: SU1766424015

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 12 SE 4/44 23/3/60

DOWNTON CHARLTON VILLAGE (east side) School House

II

Detached house. TC/1692 on stone tablet over door. English bond brick, tiled roof, gable-end brick stacks with toothing. 2-storey, 2-window. Central C20 door, one 3-light latticed leaded casement to either side, both with flat arches. 3-brick plat band to first floor, two 3-light latticed leaded casements. Two hipped dormers to roof with 2-light latticed casements. Coped verge with kneelers to right. To left is C19 extension in English bond with vitrified headers and one 3-light casement. To right is integral single- storey extension with hipped roof and 2-light casement. Interior has chamfered ceiling beam and joists, with step and concave stops, open fireplace with chamfered lintel, planked doors, 2-bay roof. A school was established here by an endowment of £100 by Emma Noyes in 1784. (Unpublished records of RCHM (England), Salisbury)

Listing NGR: SU1766424015

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 319603

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing