THE MANSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1023907

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: THE MANSE, SOUTH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023907 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 23:20:07.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANSE, SOUTH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Downton

National Grid Reference: SU 17471 21390

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DOWNTON SOUTH LANE SU 1721 (east side) 5/124 The Manse

GV II

Detached house, now manse to baptist church. Late C18 with addition to south of 1857. Flemish bond with diapers in vitrified headers to C19 part, tiled roof to C18 part, Welsh slates to C19 build. 2-storey 3-window. C20 door to right, to left is 2-light casement and to right is blind window with segmental head and keystone, C20 outshut to left, first floor has 2-light casement to left and 12-pane sash and blind window to right, both segmental- headed with keystones. Dentilled eaves to C18 build on left. Right return has 9-pane and 12-pane sashes with keystones, first floor has flush vitrified band and two 16-pane sashes. Pilasters to sides. Left return has 1 and 2-light casements. Rear has 16- pane sashes to ground floor and first floor has 16-pane and 9-pane sashes. Interior not inspected. Similar C19 details to Baptist Church (q.v.) of 1857. (VCH, Wiltshire Vol. XI, 1980, P.50).

Listing NGR: SU1747121390

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 319683

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Crowley, B A, The Victoria History of the County of Wiltshire, (1980), 50

End of official listing