ORCHESTON HOUSE AND THE WING, ORCHESTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1023987

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: ORCHESTON HOUSE AND THE WING, ORCHESTON HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ORCHESTON HOUSE AND THE WING, ORCHESTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1023987 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 03:50:46.

Location

Statutory Address: ORCHESTON HOUSE AND THE WING, ORCHESTON HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Orcheston

National Grid Reference: SU 05961 45573

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ORCHESTON ORCHESTON ST. MARY SU 04 NE (east side) 2/185 Orcheston House and The Wing, Orcheston House GV II House with attached service wing, now separate occupancy. C18, south range c.1830. Buff-coloured Flemish bond brick to 1830s range, English garden wall bond to C18 range, Welsh slate hipped roof, brick stacks. L-plan. 3-storey, 4-window entrance front, composed of 3-bay C18 range to left, The Wing, and 3-bay 1830s range to right. Orcheston House has door with 4 fielded panels in round-arched opening with fanlight, up stone steps which are covered by flat-roofed porch with round-arched windows, to right is blind arch rising through all floors, to left is 12-pane sash to basement, 16-pane sash to ground, 12-pane to first and second floors, all with flat arches. Deep eaves. The Wing to left of main house has glazed door to right and two 9-pane sashes to left, 2- brick plat band to first floor; three 12-pane sashes to first and second floors. Left return of The Wing has 2-storey lean-to with sashes, and rear has casements and half-glazed door to ground floor, with 12-pane sashes to first and second floors; the second floor was added c.1830 when main range built. Right return of main house is garden front of 2 storeys and basement, 4 windows. Basement has four square blind windows and is partly concealed by C20 steps to ground floor; four tall 15-pane sashes, first floor has four 9-pane sashes; all with flat arches, flanking pilasters with simple brick capitals. Deep eaves on brackets. Rear of main range has blind arch rising through all floors, as on front, two 2- light casements to basement and first floor, second floor to right has 9-pane sash. Interior not accessible at time of survey (October 1984), but said to have 4-panelled doors, plaster ceiling friezes and stairs of c1830 to main range. (Unpublished records of RCHM (England.), Salisbury)

Listing NGR: SU0596145573

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 319821

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing