This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STABLES AT NEWHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STABLES AT NEWHOUSE

List entry Number: 1024006

Location

STABLES AT NEWHOUSE, MOOR LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Redlynch

National Park: NEW FOREST

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1960

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 319773

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WHITEPARISH MOOR LANE SU 22 SW (south side) 7/301 Stables at Newhouse 23/3/60

GV II

Two stable blocks. 1750 and late C19. English bond brick, tiled roof. Western C18 2-storey, 3-window front facing courtyard has elliptical-arched carriage doors, planked doors and 2-light cast- iron casements to first floor. Rear has planked doors, leaded cross windows and some blocked openings. South gable, right return has ornamental 2-storey, 3-window facade; centre breaks forward, blind windows to ground floor, late C19 clockface to centre of first floor with 2-light cyma-mullioned window either side, moulded cornice and pediment with blocking course over. Wooden octagonal cupola over has round-arched openings and ogee lead roof. Left return has leaded casements and wavy bargeboards. Range to north and at right angles faces courtyard and is dated 1885 over central door, 4 segmental blocked windows either side and three gabled dormers, half-hipped tiled roof with wavy bargeboards, no openings to rear. 1885 block and alterations by William Eyre Matcham.

Listing NGR: SU2179121439

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 21791 21439

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024006 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2017 at 12:12:49.

End of official listing