MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1024128

Date first listed: 16-May-1988

Statutory Address: MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, MIDDLE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024128 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 15:37:47.

Location

Statutory Address: MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 3 METRES SOUTH OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, MIDDLE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Ilmington

National Grid Reference: SP 20963 43459

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ILMINGTON MIDDLE STREET SP2043 (West side) 9/71 Monument approx. 3m. S of porch of Church of St. Mary

GV II

Monument. Late C18, Limestone ashlar. Large moulded plinth with iron railings surrounding a Gothick style structure approx. 3m. high. Polygonal, with cusped panel and tall, slim buttresses between. Crenellated 'parapet' with cusped panels and quatrefoils. Some finials missing. Above a lantern-like support with cusped arches and carved spandrels. Further parapet above with finials, 3 broken. Polygonal spire above with small windows. Topped by carved finial. To Samson family, from 1750. (Buildings of England: Warwickshire, Vol.5, p.317).

Listing NGR: SP2096343459

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 306434

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W , The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1949), 317

End of official listing