This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GROVE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED WALLS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GROVE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED WALLS

List entry Number: 1024134

Location

GROVE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED WALLS, THE GREEN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Warmington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 30-May-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Apr-1987

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 306346

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WARMINGTON THE GREEN SP4047 (South side) 9/230 Grove Farmhouse and attached 30/05/67 walls (Formerly listed as Grove Farmhouse)

GV II

Shown on O.S. map as The Grove. Farmhouse and attached walls. c.1700. Regular coursed ironstone with moulded plinth. Tile hipped roof; large internal stacks of C19 blue brick. Central staircase plan. Symmetrica. 2 storeys, basement and attic; 5-window range. Central 4-panelled door and lead latticed overlight in moulded wood surround; curved wooden hood. Flight of stone steps with parapet. Basement has stone mullioned windows and 3-light casement to left. Lead-latticed cross windows. All openings have stone lintels with flush keystones. Hipped roof dormers to second and fourth bays have lead-latticed 2-light casements. Left return side has fielded 5-panelled door. Low late C18/early C19 wine to left has slate roof, 2 plank doors and 3-light leaded casements. Painted wood lintels. Rear similar, but with staircase window at various levels. Interior: Wood-Jones records open well staircase with turned balusters, back-to-back fireplaces and moulded ceiling beams. Attached walls of regular coursed ironstone with flat coping. (R.B. Wood-Jones; Traditional Domestic Architecture in the Banbury Region: 1963, p.202; Buildings of England; Warwickshire, p.442; V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.5. p.182).

Listing NGR: SP4132247608

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W , The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1949), 182
Pevsner, N, Wedgwood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1966), 442
Wood-Jones, R B, Traditional Domestic Architecture in the Banbury Region, (1963), 202

National Grid Reference: SP 41322 47608

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024134 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2017 at 12:50:48.

End of official listing