This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LOWER SKILTS FARM BUILDING AND ATTACHED BARN APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES WEST OF FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LOWER SKILTS FARM BUILDING AND ATTACHED BARN APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES WEST OF FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1024479

Location

LOWER SKILTS FARM BUILDING AND ATTACHED BARN APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES WEST OF FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Mappleborough Green

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Aug-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 23-Oct-1985

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 305529

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STUDLEY SP06NE 1/181 Lower Skilts Farm; Building 15/08/54 and attached barn approx. 50m. W of farmhouse (Formerly listed as gatehouse and barn at Lower Skilts Farm. Building formerly listed as Lower Skilts Farmhouse)

GV II

Building of uncertain original function, and attached barn. Building c.1560-70 (VCH), with C19 alterations; barn mostly mid C19. Dark red English bond brick with blue brick diapering. Barn largely of C19 red brick. C19 tile roofs. C19 first floor opening. Door inserted in left return side. Right return side has Partially blocked 2-light stone mullioned window to each floor. Barn attached at right angles to rear. 3 bays. Plank doors. Air vents. To rear: Part of wall of C16 brickwork. Interior: Brick spur walls supporting tie beams. Forms part of a group with the gatehouse and attached building and wall (q.v.) and a section of wall (q.v.). Together they comprise the remains of a house which replaced the Grange of Studley Priory. (V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.III, p.177).

Listing NGR: SP0980667052

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1945), 177

National Grid Reference: SP0980667052

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024479 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jun-2018 at 12:03:06.

End of official listing