SHEPHERDS YARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1024571

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: SHEPHERDS YARD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SHEPHERDS YARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024571 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 09:40:09.

Location

Statutory Address: SHEPHERDS YARD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Kinwarton

National Grid Reference: SP 10532 58341

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP15NW KINWARTON

3/178 Shepherd's Yard 01/02/67

GV II

Former rectory, now private house. C.1788 (VCH). Red brick with painted stone or plaster modillion cornice and dressings. 2-span slate roof and brick end stacks forming part of shaped gables. Central staircase plan. 3-storeys; 3-window range. Half-glazed door and fanlight with decorative glazing and panelled intrados. Wood doorcase with Tuscan half columns against rusticated pilasters, dosserets with triglyphs, and broken pediment. Sash windows under flat arches with rusticated voussoirs and key blocks. Garden front: 5-window range, with mid C19 canted bay to right on ground floor. Interior: Open well staircase, semi-circular to rear with cut string; late C18 cornice. Through passage. Late C18 and early C19 fire- places, late C18 6-panelled doors, shutters etc. In 1788 the rector borrowed 600 to rebuild the house. Contemporary service or stable wing attached to right, now converted to dwelling. (V.C.H.: Warwickshire III, p.126).

Listing NGR: SP1053458340

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 305342

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1945), 126

End of official listing