THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1024691

Date first listed: 11-Dec-1969

Statutory Address: The Old Rectory, Arrow, Alcester

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024691 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 21:20:37.

Location

Statutory Address: The Old Rectory, Arrow, Alcester

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Arrow with Weethley

National Grid Reference: SP 08194 56529

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP05NE 2/7

ARROW, The Old Rectory

11/12/69

II

Rectory, now private house. C16, early C19, partly rebuilt and restored 1866. Timber framing, rendering, but mainly red brick. Tile roof, brick chimneys. Complex plan. Main front to the garden: one high storey and attic with 2- storey cross wing to left; entrance in the angle. Irregular fenestration: stone canted bay with small dormer above and large arch top sash with margin bars on right, French door with 16-panel sash above in cross wing. Elsewhere iron casements with arch-top lights. Half-glazed 4-panel door in plain surround and porch of 2 cast-iron columns with lead roof. Gabled roofs. Big internal stack with 2 star-shaped shafts. Left return side has exposed close studding on ground floor. Main entrance on right return has early C19 Gothic ironwork porch. Interior: straight flight staircase with cut string. Ground floor room has 2 Roman Doric columns and pilasters. Bedroom above has early C19 shallow vaulted ceiling of 4 astragal moulded ribs and vine cornice. Large wing of 1866 demolished mid-C20, (Victoria County History of Warwickshire Vol.III p.26, Kelly's Directory of Birmingham, Staffordshire and Warwickshire 1884 p.703).

Listing NGR: SP0819456529

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 305019

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1945), 26
'Kellys Directory' in Birmingham Staffordshire and Warwickshire, (1884), 703

End of official listing