TIFFANY'S CLUB (WEST PART)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1024815
Date first listed:
14-Jun-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
TIFFANY'S CLUB (WEST PART), NEW BRIDGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TIFFANY'S CLUB (WEST PART)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024815 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 05:36:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
TIFFANY'S CLUB (WEST PART), NEW BRIDGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Newcastle upon Tyne (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 25171 64528

Details

NZ 2564 NW NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NEW BRIDGE STREET (north side) 17/411 14/6/54 Tiffany's club (west part) . (formerly listed as Oxford Galleries). G.V. II * House, now part of club. Circa 1825 by John Dobson for himself. Incised stucco; roof not visible. 3 storeys and basement, 3 bays. First 2 storeys framed by end pilasters, honeysuckle frieze and cornice; all windows on these floors sashes in architraves; with bracketed cornices on ground floor; second floor has sashes in plain reveals. All windows have glazing bars; ground and second floor sill bands. Architrave and bracketed cornice to 4-panelled double door in second bay of left return. Interior shows high-quality stucco work to stair soffit and ceiling and to ground floor front and first floor rear rooms. Wide wreathed handrail on hardboard- covered balustrade. Graded for historical interest.

Listing NGR: NZ2517164528

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
304736
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/00154/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bob Cottrell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].