FARM BUILDING ATTACHED TO NUMBER 4

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1024969

Date first listed: 30-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: 4-6, NEW HORTON GRANGE

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDING ATTACHED TO NUMBER 4, NEW HORTON GRANGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARM BUILDING ATTACHED TO NUMBER 4
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1024969 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 02:40:24.

Location

Statutory Address: 4-6, NEW HORTON GRANGE

Statutory Address: FARM BUILDING ATTACHED TO NUMBER 4, NEW HORTON GRANGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Stannington

National Grid Reference: NZ 19837 75520

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NZ 17 NE DINNINGTON NEW HORTON GRANGE

1/10 Nos 4 - 6 consecutive and farm building attached to no. 4.

G.V. II

3 farm cottages and cart shed. 1858 for Sir Matthew White Ridley. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings and quoins. Welsh slate roof with stone gable copings and roll-moulded stone-coloured ridge tiles. 2 storeys; each house 3 bays. Central half-glazed doors with glazing bars flanked by wide sash windows. Sashes also to first and third bays of each house, those in outer and central 2 bays of block breaking eaves under half-gabled dormers with overhanging hipped roofs. Eaves gutter corbels, banded ashlar chimneys. Cart shed has round piers to 5 elliptical arches; projecting stone sills to 4 blocked-up lights above; boarded pitching hole in return gable; stone gutter brackets. Historical note; Kelly's directory for 1858 describes the house and farm buildings of the model farm as the most complete and extensive in Northumberland.

Listing NGR: NZ1983775520

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 304330

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory, (1858)

End of official listing