FORMER BARN APPROXIMATELY 22 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD FERRY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1025022

Date first listed: 09-Feb-1972

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Apr-1994

Statutory Address: FORMER BARN APPROXIMATELY 22 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD FERRY HOUSE, SOUTHERN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER BARN APPROXIMATELY 22 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD FERRY HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025022 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 00:50:44.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER BARN APPROXIMATELY 22 METRES SOUTH WEST OF OLD FERRY HOUSE, SOUTHERN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)

Parish: Stratford-upon-Avon

National Grid Reference: SP 20168 54585

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

SP2054NW SOUTHERN LANE 604-1/10/227 (North West side) 09/02/72 Former barn approx. 22m SW of Old Ferry House (Formerly Listed as: SOUTHERN LANE Barn to the SW of Old Ferry House)

GV II

Barn, now part of the buildings of The Other Place. C16 or early C17 with later alterations. Timber-frame with brick infill, some stone to plinth; partly-renewed tile roof. Gable facing, front to left. 2-storey structure with blocked central entrance and varied fenestration with C20 leaded casements. Square framing with tension braces. Returns are faced in brick: right return has lower gabled addition; left return has timber lean-to verandah. Earlier in the century it was used by a tennis club and has recently been taken over by the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and is still being converted (1991). (VCH (offprint): Styles P: The Borough of Stratford-upon-Avon and the Parish of Alveston: London: 1946-: 16).

Listing NGR: SP2016854585

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 366415

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Styles, P, The Borough of Stratford Upon Avon and the Parish of Alveston, (1946), 16

End of official listing