NETHAM LOCKS, INCLUDING REMAINS OF BRIDGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1025059

Date first listed: 11-Jul-1990

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: NETHAM LOCKS, INCLUDING REMAINS OF BRIDGE, FEEDER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of NETHAM LOCKS, INCLUDING REMAINS OF BRIDGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025059 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 18:48:48.

Location

Statutory Address: NETHAM LOCKS, INCLUDING REMAINS OF BRIDGE, FEEDER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 61595 72708

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST6172 FEEDER ROAD, Netham 901-1/43/1624 (North side) 11/07/90 Netham Locks, including remains of bridge (Formerly Listed as: FEEDER ROAD, Netham Netham Lock and Bridge)

GV II

Lock. c1809. By William Jessop. Squared Pennant stone, and timber lock gates. Splayed entrances to the lock, lock walls rebated to house the 2 sets of lock gates, and abutments between them for the canal bridge over the lock. The west side of the bridge, with a coped parapet wall, survives, and the ramped path up to the bridge from the east of the Feeder Road side. Angled granite setts for the higher swing gates. Netham Lock is the entrance to the Feeder Canal and the Floating Harbour, designed and built by William Jessop in 1804-9. (Lord J and Southam J: The Floating Harbour: Bristol: 1983-: 36).

Listing NGR: ST6159572708

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 379567

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Lord, J, Southam, J, The Floating Harbour, (1983), 36

End of official listing