This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

The Old Vicarage

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: The Old Vicarage

List entry Number: 1025120

Location

THE OLD VICARAGE, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Northumberland

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Stannington

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Apr-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 238998

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on24/05/2016.

NZ 27 NW 8/93

STANNINGTON CHURCH ROAD (North side)

The Old Vicarage (Formerly listed as: The Vicarage, Church Lane)

II

GV Vicarage. 1745 (information from incumbent) with late C19/early C20 west wing and porch extension of 1910. Squared stone, later parts with ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof. L-plan. South elevation 2 storeys, in 2 sections; right part original house of 2+1+2 bays, with chamfered plinth. Central canted porch has 4-panel door with overlight in shouldered arch, and narrow flanking windows; returns with wider windows are linked to broad bay windows with triple sashes; porch and bays have common cornice and parapet. Half-glazed double doors within porch, in old opening with keyed lintel. Similar doorway, now blocked, to left of 1910 extension. 1st floor windows with keyed lintels. Stepped compound end stacks. To left, gabled end of west wing with triple sashes. All windows plate-glass sashes in chamfered surrounds. 2-bay left return shows similar fenestration and later extension to left. Right return shows small 4-pane attic casement. Various architectural fragments from medieval church in garden at rear.

Listing NGR: NZ2113279397

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 21132 79397

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025120 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2017 at 01:16:45.

End of official listing