This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OUTPATIENTS BUILDING OF VICTORIA JUBILEE INFIRMARY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OUTPATIENTS BUILDING OF VICTORIA JUBILEE INFIRMARY

List entry Number: 1025341

Location

OUTPATIENTS BUILDING OF VICTORIA JUBILEE INFIRMARY, HAWKEY'S LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: North Tyneside

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 303436

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TYNEMOUTH

1022/7/181 HAWKEY'S LANE 09-DEC-87 NORTH SHIELDS OUTPATIENTS BUILDING OF VICTORIA JUBIL EE INFIRMARY

II



Hospital outpatient wing. 1932. Designed by Cackett, Burns, Dick & Mackellar, and built by Ball Brothers of North Shields. Brown brick with dressings of red brick and Portland stone. Graduated Lakeland slate roof with copper stack cone. One tall storey, 3 bays and lower set-back flat-roofed right bay with canted ends. Plinth; part-opening casements, with glazing bars and radial heads, in stone jambs and console-keyed archivolts; impost string continued into end bay; brick apron panels between full-length jambs. Square-headed smaller similar window in end bay. Deep, moulded eaves cornice. Hipped roof has central stack with band and cornice, conical swept cap. Coped parapet to right bay. The building is entered through a panelled double door in the left return, in stone architrave. Included for historical interest. This building was erected by a bequest of ?15,000 from Mrs Wilson of Easby House, North Shields, and it was opened in September 1932. Left covered way, small extension and link to main hospital are altered and not of special interest.



Listing NGR: NZ3483068525

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 34830 68525

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025341 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2017 at 03:15:43.

End of official listing