ST LEONARD'S HOSPTIAL REMAINS IN NORTHUMBERLAND PARK, ABOUT 15 METRES EAST AND 32 METRES SOUTH OF PARK LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1025345
Date first listed:
19-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
ST LEONARD'S HOSPTIAL REMAINS IN NORTHUMBERLAND PARK, ABOUT 15 METRES EAST AND 32 METRES SOUTH OF PARK LODGE, KING EDWARD ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025345.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Oct-2020 at 05:51:06.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST LEONARD'S HOSPTIAL REMAINS IN NORTHUMBERLAND PARK, ABOUT 15 METRES EAST AND 32 METRES SOUTH OF PARK LODGE, KING EDWARD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
North Tyneside (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 36117 69298

Details

TYNEMOUTH KING EDWARD ROAD (south side) NZ 36 NE 8/98 St. Leonard's Hospital remains in Northumberland Park, about 24.10.50 15 metres east and 32 metres south of Park Lodge. II Grave slab and coffins. Medieval. Sandstone slab with matrices for one male, one female figures and at their feet for 5 smaller figures, the central one female. 2 stone coffins to north and south. Modern iron railing around slab. Source: H.E. Craster. History of Northumberland vol. VIII 1907. pp 259,260

Listing NGR: NZ3611769298

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
303343
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Craster, H H E, 'A History of Northumberland' in The Parish Of Tynemouth, , Vol. 8, (1907), 259, 260

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00858/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs J.H. Black. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].