DIAL COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1025392

Date first listed: 27-Feb-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 19-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: DIAL COTTAGE, 108, GREAT LIME ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DIAL COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025392 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 02:17:15.

Location

Statutory Address: DIAL COTTAGE, 108, GREAT LIME ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: North Tyneside (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: NZ 27472 70427

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LONGBENTON GREAT LIME ROAD (north side) NZ 27 SE 3/8 No. 108 (Dial Cottage) (formerly listed in 27.2.50 Paradise Row, Great Lime Road) II* 3 houses, now one residence. Late c18/early Cl9. 2 builds: earlier build sandstone rubble with quoins; later build at left of coursed squared sandstone with quoins; pantiled roofs with rendered chimneys. One storey and attics, 2 and 4 bays. Renewed door in second bay; blocked doors in bays 3 and 6. Flat stone lintels to doors, to renewed sash windows with projecting stone sills and to 2 half- dormers. Sundial dated 1816 set at slight angle above door and memorial tablet to George Stephenson who lived here 1803-15 and is said to have made the sundial; he built his first locomotive (Blucher) at the adjacent colliery wagon shops and, on July 25th 1814, it was placed on the nearby wagonway, according to the inscription above the door.

Listing NGR: NZ2747270427

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 303253

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing