LEGH MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1025704
Date first listed:
28-Oct-1957
Statutory Address:
LEGH MANOR, CUCKFIELD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEGH MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025704 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 05:46:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
LEGH MANOR, CUCKFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
West Sussex
District:
Mid Sussex (District Authority)
Parish:
Ansty and Staplefield
National Grid Reference:
TQ 28817 22257

Details

CUCKFIELD RURAL CUCKFIELD ROAD 1. 5405 Legh Manor, Anstye TQ 22 SE 15/275 28.10.57 II

2. C16 timber-framed house built by John and Mary Hussey and restored by Sir Edwin Lutyens for Sir William and Lady Chance in 1917 and subsequently bequeathed by them to the Sussex Archaeological Society. Two storeys. Three windows. Now tile-hung on a red brick base. Horsham slab roof. Casement windows. Two storeyed gabled porch with moulded bargeboards. Modern porch on east side. Queen-post roof inside.

Listing NGR: TQ2881722257

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
302485
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/13400/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Francis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].