THE DAIRY AT UP PARK TO THE WEST OF THE STABLE BLOCK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1025980

Date first listed: 18-Jun-1959

Statutory Address: THE DAIRY AT UP PARK TO THE WEST OF THE STABLE BLOCK, COMPTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE DAIRY AT UP PARK TO THE WEST OF THE STABLE BLOCK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 11:17:44.

Location

Statutory Address: THE DAIRY AT UP PARK TO THE WEST OF THE STABLE BLOCK, COMPTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: West Sussex

District: Chichester (District Authority)

Parish: Harting

National Park: SOUTH DOWNS

National Grid Reference: SU 77898 17631

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 71 NE, 15/1D

HARTING, COMPTON ROAD, The Dairy at Uppark to the west of the Stable block

18.06.59

II

Joined to the south-west corner of the Stable block by a red brick wall. Built by Sir Harry Fetherstonhaugh in about 1810. Architect Humphry Repton. The south front has a little portico of 4 columns forming 3 sides of an octagon with a lead roof over surmounted by a ball finial. Behind the portico is a round-headed window with its glazing bars intact and glazed with coloured glass. Sir Harry Fetherston- haugh, when over 60, used to come to look through this window at his dairy maid, Mary Ann Bullock, whom he subsequently married.

Listing NGR: SU7790017630

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 301806

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 44 West Sussex,

End of official listing