THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1026099
Date first listed:
05-Jun-1958
Statutory Address:
THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER, WESTHAMPNETT ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1026099 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 01:28:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST PETER, WESTHAMPNETT ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
West Sussex
District:
Chichester (District Authority)
Parish:
Westhampnett
National Grid Reference:
SU 88089 06176

Details

WESTHAMPNETT WESTHAMPNETT ROAD SU 80 NE (north west side)

13/110 The Parish Church of 5.6.58 St Peter

- II*

Chancel, north vestry, nave with aisles, tower at the east end of the south aisle and south porch. Random rubble with tiled roof. Medieval church restored in 1867. Chancel C11, tower C12, nave C12-13. North aisle, vestry and porch C19. Monument to Richard Sackville and wife d.1535.

Listing NGR: SU8808906176

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
301481
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/06183/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Parry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].