THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1027150

Date first listed: 15-Mar-1955

Statutory Address: THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1027150 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 00:41:14.

Location

Statutory Address: THE PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: West Sussex

District: Horsham (District Authority)

Parish: Wiston

National Park: SOUTH DOWNS

National Grid Reference: TQ 15538 12393

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WISTON 1. 5404 The Parish Church of St Mary TQ 11 SE 13/338 15.3.55

II*

2. Chancel, south chapel, twin naves and west tower. Mainly C14, but much restored by G M Hills in 1862. South chapel contains a brass of 1426 to Sir John de Braose and the tombs of the Shirley family who owned Wiston House.

Listing NGR: TQ1553812393

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 299025

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing