WEST PRESTON MANOR SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1027552

Date first listed: 20-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: WEST PRESTON MANOR SCHOOL, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST PRESTON MANOR SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1027552 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 10:04:14.

Location

Statutory Address: WEST PRESTON MANOR SCHOOL, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: West Sussex

District: Arun (District Authority)

Parish: Rustington

National Grid Reference: TQ0631502431

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 0602 27/169

RUSTINGTON STATION ROAD (south side) West Preston Manor School

II

An L-shaped building which encloses a late medieval hall-house, the remains of a late C18 house, and a Victorian wing of c.1860. The north wing has a flint faced exterior of 2 storeys Red brick window dressings. 5 windows, mainly altered casements.

Half-hipped slate roof. Internally, the wing is a late medieval hall-house with exposed beams and smoke blackened rafters. In the late C16 to early C17 a floor and a brick chimney stack with 2 inglenooks were inserted. The south wing of c.1860 is of 2 storeys, partly knapped and partly squared flintwork of higher elevation than the north wing. Hipped slate roof. 2 triple sashes. The wing retains a late C18 staircase and door-case and some good internal features of c.1860 including ovolo moulded cornices, marble fireplaces with brackets or engaged Tuscan columns, and gilded pelmets.

Listing NGR: TQ0631502431

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 298044

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing