This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HAM MANOR GOLF CLUBHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HAM MANOR GOLF CLUBHOUSE

List entry Number: 1027689

Location

HAM MANOR GOLF CLUBHOUSE, WEST DRIVE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: West Sussex

District: Arun

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Angmering

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Sep-1984

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 297754

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 00 SE ANGMERING WEST DRIVE 17/104 12.10.54 Ham Manor Golf Clubhouse (formerly listed as Ham Manor)

II

The original portion of the building is the east wing, which was built by William Kinleside Gratwicke in 1822. Two storeys. Five windows. Faced with Roman cement. Eaves cornice. Hipped slate roof. The end window-bays are flanked by pilasters. Glazing bars intact. The ground floor windows have moulded architrave surrounds with rectangular fanlights. The north front has a porch with the original service wing to the west of it. In 1929 the house was restored and enlarged and an addition in matching style was added to the south of the original service wing with a piece joining the two and making a half H-plan facing south. The interior dates from 1929.

Listing NGR: TQ0585303753

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 05853 03753

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1027689 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-May-2018 at 05:08:08.

End of official listing