SOUTH WEST WING AT FORMER LEGAT'S SCHOOL OF DANCING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1027968

Date first listed: 01-Feb-1991

Statutory Address: SOUTH WEST WING AT FORMER LEGAT'S SCHOOL OF DANCING, CATT'S HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTH WEST WING AT FORMER LEGAT'S SCHOOL OF DANCING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1027968 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 23:41:24.

Location

Statutory Address: SOUTH WEST WING AT FORMER LEGAT'S SCHOOL OF DANCING, CATT'S HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: East Sussex

District: Wealden (District Authority)

Parish: Rotherfield

National Grid Reference: TQ 57683 30794

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ROTHERFIELD CATT'S HILL TQ 53 SE South West Wing at 14/1008 Former Legat's School of Dancing GV II Former convent accommodation. Built in 1903 by J S Hansom to provide better accommodation for the nuns running the girls' orphanage. This originally comprised entrance hall, community room, store room and 8 cells and a bathroom on the 1st floor. Built of red brick with black brick dressings. Slate roof. Left side window with arrow-slit windows and 2 cambered casements to lower floors. Buttresses to right section of 2 storeys and attics with 5 gabled dormers and 6: 5 cambered sashes with horns. Right end has 2 external chimneystacks. The rear elevation is similar but has a 3 light canted bay to ground floor left and 6 cinquefoil headed windows to ground floor. Attached to chapel and school by covered passageway. The C20 flat roofed extension to the left is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: TQ5768330794

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 297131

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing