KIDBROOKE PARK MICHAEL HALL RUDOLF STEINER SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1028377
Date first listed:
26-Nov-1953
Statutory Address:
KIDBROOKE PARK, PRIORY ROAD
Statutory Address:
MICHAEL HALL RUDOLF STEINER SCHOOL, PRIORY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of KIDBROOKE PARK
MICHAEL HALL RUDOLF STEINER SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1028377 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jul-2019 at 10:34:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
KIDBROOKE PARK, PRIORY ROAD
Statutory Address:
MICHAEL HALL RUDOLF STEINER SCHOOL, PRIORY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
East Sussex
District:
Wealden (District Authority)
Parish:
Forest Row
National Grid Reference:
TQ 41868 34404

Details

FOREST ROW PRIORY ROAD 1. 5208 Kidbrooke Park (Michael Hall Rudolf Steiner School) TQ 43 SW 11/24 26.11.53 II* 2. C18 mansion, altered by Robert Mylne in 1804-5 and by George Dance in 1814-15. It was built for the Earl of Abergavenny at the time when Eridge Castle was in ruins and occupied by the Nevills until 1825. Square sandstone ashlar building of 2 storeys and attic. Five windows and 2 dormers to 3 fronts. Cornice above each floor. Balustraded parapet. Tiled roof. Glazing bars intact. Pediment to each front with ball cap at apex and either cartouche or oval window in tympanum. Large 2 storeyed porch added in C19 at north end of east front. Later additions to north.

Listing NGR: TQ4186834404

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
296078
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 14 East Sussex,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/13066/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David F Broomfield. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].