PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1028592

Date first listed: 10-Apr-1954

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARTIN, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARTIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1028592 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 22:43:18.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARTIN, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Epsom and Ewell (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 21395 60522

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 04/01/2013

TQ 2160 30/1 10.4.54 1086

EPSOM CHURCH STREET (East Side) Parish Church of St Martin

II*

Flint tower circa 1450. Flint hall-church nave of 1824 designed by Mr Hatchard of Pimlico. Choir and transepts of greensand and rubble with brick courses, added in 1907-8 by Sir Charles Nicholson. This has some blind arcading and flint with ashlar chequered work on outside. Tracery of C14 type. Interior has some good monuments, particularly 1 Baroque one to Elizabeth Evelyn (1691), 3 by Flaxman to John Warre (1801), John Brathwaite (1800) and Eleanor Belfield (1802), and 1 by Chantrey to Susan Warre (1821). Very good Georgian tomb-stones in Churchyard.

Listing NGR: TQ2139560522

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 290661

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing