DUKE'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1028626

Date first listed: 07-Sep-1951

Statutory Address: DUKE'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of DUKE'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1028626 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 11:52:49.

Location

Statutory Address: DUKE'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: TQ1674056491

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 1656 SE 12/148 7.9.51

LEATHERHEAD HIGH STREET (north side)

Duke's Head PH

GV II

Inn, now public house. C17 and C18, remodelled in C19; altered in C20. Timber frame with brick cladding and stucco facade; red tile roof. Single-depth front range with coupled rear wings of unequal length. Two storeys and 3 bays; the almost symmetrical C19 facade has painted quoins and a high banded parapet; the principal doorway is offset slightly to the right, has a shouldered surround of plain render and is protected by a flat canopy carried across at 1st floor between flanking full-height canted bays; at 1st floor above the canopy is a 12- pane sashed window with an exposed box and plaster cresting lettered "DUKES HEAD" under a roundel showing the duke's head; and the flanking bays have 4- pane sashes except at ground floor to the right where the window has been replaced by a doorway. There is an extruded chimney stack at the right-hand gable and a single chimney at the front left corner. At the right-hand end is a single-storey flat-roofed modern addition (not of special interest), and the rear slope of the roof carries down to the lower level of the rear wing, which has various openings on this side, and on the other side is mostly covered by a modern addition but has some exposed timber framing above this. Interior: altered at ground floor and partition walls removed, but some remains of timber framing are visible; otherwise, not inspected.

Listing NGR: TQ1674056491

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 290545

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing