THE WHITE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1028650

Date first listed: 07-Sep-1951

Statutory Address: THE WHITE HOUSE, 18, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WHITE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1028650 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 13:00:05.

Location

Statutory Address: THE WHITE HOUSE, 18, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 16818 56220

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEATHERHEAD CHURCH ROAD TQ 1656 SE (south side) 12/120

7.9.51 No. 18 (The White House)

GV II

House and shop, now office. Earlier C18 with early C19 addition; altered. White- painted weatherboard, red tile roof. Linear plan in 2 parts on north-south axis, with various rear extensions, on a small triangular island site: the earlier element rectangular with a continuous rear outshut, the later (a dwelling) trapezoidal and double-depth. Two storeys, 1+2 first floor windows; the added dwelling has a plain doorway under a cornice on consoles, one sashed window with margin panes on each floor to the right, and a chimney at the junction of the roofs; and the gable wall, which is canted back, has similar fenestration. The main range has four 12-pane sashes at ground floor, 2 small 2-light casements above, and a steeply-pitched roof with a half-hip; its north gable wall has a former shop window consisting of tripartite 8-pane sashes under a blank fascia set in a large square moulded surround with reeded pilasters and a very prominent moulded cornice on consoles, and a small casement under the hip. Interior not inspected. Formerly a grocer's shop known as "Jenden's Corner".

Listing NGR: TQ1681856220

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 290514

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing