This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE GRANARY WITH ATTACHED CHIMNEY STACK

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE GRANARY WITH ATTACHED CHIMNEY STACK

List entry Number: 1028667

Location

THE GRANARY WITH ATTACHED CHIMNEY STACK, CHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Mole Valley

District Type: District Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Aug-1990

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 290454

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT BOOKHAM CHURCH ROAD TQ 1354 NW (east side) 13/65 The Granary with attached chimney stack

GV II

Steam-powered corn mill, now flats, with attached chimney. Probably c.1830; altered. White-painted brick, slate roof. Rectangular plan with wide lean-to at each end, and chimney stack to the rear of that on the left. Three-and-a-half storeys and 3 bays; 3 tall segmental-headed windows on each floor (now casements with horizontal glazing bars), and in the left gable a wide square- headed attic window; the lean-to at each end covers 2 storeys; that to the left, formerly the engine house, is now a garage with inserted garage doors and a domestic door; that to the right, formerly the office, has a segmental-headed doorway and 2 segmental-headed windows. Interior altered, but retains large oak ceiling beams. The chimney stack attached to the left rear corner of the former engine house, is square in section, slightly tapered, with a cornice and a moulded band below this. The item forms a group with the associated Mill House approx. 10 metres to the north (q.v).

Listing NGR: TQ1323554951

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 13235 54951

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1028667 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Feb-2018 at 05:32:44.

End of official listing