SPELTHORNE ST MARY CHAPEL TO NORTH WEST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1028933
Date first listed:
17-Nov-1986
Statutory Address:
SPELTHORNE ST MARY CHAPEL TO NORTH WEST, COLDHARBOUR LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1028933.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 08-May-2021 at 08:31:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
SPELTHORNE ST MARY CHAPEL TO NORTH WEST, COLDHARBOUR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Surrey
District:
Runnymede (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 02299 68693

Details

TQ 06 NW THORPE COLDHARBOUR LANE

6/105 Spelthorne St Mary Chapel - to north west

GV II

Formerly convent chapel now teaching space. Built 1907 at Feltham, Sir Ninian Comper. Rebuilt at Spelthorne St Mary 1931 recorded on plaque. West bay sub- sequently added by Edward Plaque in original style but with insertion of two stone windows with cusped heads (unknown provenance but came through Sir N Compers' office). Four bays, nave and aisles with slightly projecting sanctuary. Aisles and west end separated by a wood screen with thin Perpen- dicular tracery and a carved and gilded beading. Building timber framed with elaborate crown post roof to nave; aisles framed separately. Five-light wood framed windows with round heads to lights. Wainscotting with embattled top in aisles. Sanctuary bay has polychrome painted patterned rafters and a reredos of the Crucifixion with six saints in the round; also a suspended square altar canopy. Externally plain brick with tiled roof.



Listing NGR: TQ0229968693

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
289793
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/02011/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs M.A.C. Ball. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].