REIGATE HEATH BAPTIST CHURCH REIGATE HEATH WINDMILL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1029105

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Mar-1977

Statutory Address: REIGATE HEATH BAPTIST CHURCH, FLANCHFORD ROAD

Statutory Address: REIGATE HEATH WINDMILL, FLANCHFORD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of REIGATE HEATH BAPTIST CHURCH
REIGATE HEATH WINDMILL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029105 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 11:51:46.

Location

Statutory Address: REIGATE HEATH BAPTIST CHURCH, FLANCHFORD ROAD

Statutory Address: REIGATE HEATH WINDMILL, FLANCHFORD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Reigate and Banstead (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 23435 50036

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FLANCHFORD ROAD 1. 5388 (North Side) (off) Reigate Heath Windmill Reigate Heath Baptist Church) [formerly listed as St Cross Chapel at The Mill (Reigate Heath Windmill)] TQ 2350 9/70 19.10.51.

II*

2. C18 post mill. Boat shaped top and sails restored. Built in 1765. Upper walls of tarred weather-boarding brought down to fit over roof of roundhouse and so prevent movement. Brick roundhouse with leaded roof. Plain C18 casements, high up. Church bell added on north side. Probably the only windmill in England in use as a church.

Listing NGR: TQ2343550036

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 289311

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing