BOTLEYS PARK HOSPITAL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1029181

Date first listed: 09-Jun-1972

Statutory Address: BOTLEYS PARK HOSPITAL, GUILDFORD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOTLEYS PARK HOSPITAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029181 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 11:56:56.

Location

Statutory Address: BOTLEYS PARK HOSPITAL, GUILDFORD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Runnymede (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 02142 64884

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 966 GUILFORD ROAD CHERTSEY Botleys Park Hospital TQ 06 SW 5/54A

II*

2. The original mansion, now nursing home, built by Joseph Mawby. Architect, Kenton Couse. U-shaped mansion with fronts facing east, north, and west. 3 storeys. 7 windows to each of these fronts. Ashlar. Ground floor, rusticated. Modillion eaves cornice. Parapet. Centre 3 window bays of each front project slightly with pediment above. Glazing bars intact. Ground floor windows with keystones. Upper windows have moulded architraves, those on 1st floor with cornices over, the centre one with pediment. On north front the centre projection with 4 engaged Ionic columns with pediment above containing cartouche flanked by swags of husks. West front with entrance on 1st floor to the piano nobile with a doorway, with rectangular fanlight, approached by a horse-shoe shaped stair connected with doorway by a bridge, beneath which is the service entrance to the ground floor below. East and west fronts prolonged by large modern additions. Entrance with good hall with screen of 4 Ionic columns and good plaster ceiling. Other good ceilings and doorcases to principal rooms on 1st floor. Building well maintained. J B Burke 1855 Victoria Britanicus IV 1771. Walford and Brayleys History of Surrey II, 17 "one of the best houses in Surrey".

Listing NGR: TQ0214264884

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 289179

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Walford, , Brayley, , 'History of Surrey' in History of Surrey, , Vol. 2, (), 17

End of official listing