DOG KENNEL TO SOUTH EAST OF WEST HORSLEY PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1029319
Date first listed:
25-Nov-1985
Statutory Address:
DOG KENNEL TO SOUTH EAST OF WEST HORSLEY PLACE, EPSOM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DOG KENNEL TO SOUTH EAST OF WEST HORSLEY PLACE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029319 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 01:22:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
DOG KENNEL TO SOUTH EAST OF WEST HORSLEY PLACE, EPSOM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Surrey
District:
Guildford (District Authority)
Parish:
West Horsley
National Grid Reference:
TQ 08841 53014

Details

In the entry for: TQ 05 SE WEST HORSLEY CP EPSOM ROAD

5/232 Dog Kennel to South East of West Horsley Place

GV II

The entry shall be amended to read:

Dog Kennel. Mid C19 for H Currie. In Artisan Mannerist style. Red brick with plain tiled roof. Gabled end to west with shaped gable and arched entrance. Approximately two feet high by four feet long. In her recollections (1901), Emily Currie writes that her family moved to West Horsley Place in 1838 (p2), and "The two brick dog kennels were put up by my father; most people think they are the same date as the house" (p4).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TQ 05SE WEST HORSLEY C.P. EPSOM ROAD

5/232 Dog Kennel to South East of West Horsley Place

GV II

Dog Kennel. Early C17 in Artisan Mannerist style. Red brick with plain tiled roof. Gabled end to west with shaped gable and arched entrance. Approximately two feet high by four feet long.

Listing NGR: TQ0884153014

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
288813
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].