PEBBLE MILL HOUSE INCLUDING RANGERS COTTAGE TO REAR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1029730
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1958
Statutory Address:
PEBBLE MILL HOUSE INCLUDING RANGERS COTTAGE TO REAR, WESTERHAM ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029730.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 05-Mar-2021 at 16:21:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
PEBBLE MILL HOUSE INCLUDING RANGERS COTTAGE TO REAR, WESTERHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Surrey
District:
Tandridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Limpsfield
National Grid Reference:
TQ 40876 52731

Details

TQ 45SW LIMPSFIELD C.P. WESTERHAM ROAD (north side)

7/202 Pebble Mill House including 11.6.58 Rangers Cottage to rear II*

House. Circa 1776 for Edward Gresham. Colourwashed stucco on render plinth, with hipped slate roofs, rendered stacks to left and rear right. 2 storeys, plat band over ground floor parapet to centre block; 5 bays, centre one bowed. 6 glazing bar sash windows across first floor. Central semi-circular portico on 3 piers with moulded corners. Part glazed behind an architrave surround with dentilled band over to base of fanlight. Return fronts bowed with curved glazing bar sash windows. Extensions to rear incorporate Rangers Cottage.

Interior: some Adam style fireplaces.

Listing NGR: TQ4087952732

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
287857
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01235/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Keith Buchan. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].