CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGLIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1029770

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1958

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGLIST, EASTBOURNE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGLIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029770 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 17:50:00.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGLIST, EASTBOURNE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Tandridge (District Authority)

Parish: Godstone

National Grid Reference: TQ 36101 45905

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 34NE GODSTONE C.P. EASTBOURNE ROAD BLINDLEY HEATH 9/81 Church of St John the 11.6.58 Evangelist II

Church, 1842 by John Whichcord and Walker; apsidal chancel and south aisle by G.M. Hills 1886. Galleted rubblestone with ashlar dressings, restored plain tiled roof with cedar shingled broach spire to west end. Nave and aisles, porch to south with chancel to east; vestry to north east and diagonally buttressed tower to west. Early English Revival window tracery. Planked door to west, south and north; west door with moulded jamb shafts. Interior: four bay nave arcade on octagonal piers with stiff foliage capitals and double chamfered arches. Double chamfered chancel arch with corbel band. Complicated semi-circular truss to apsidal end of chancel roof; crown post roof in nave. Fittings: Stained glass window to east end of south aisle dedicated to Ann Beaumont. Early C20 by Morris & Sons. Octagonal stone front with quatrefoil panels and arcaded stem.

Listing NGR: TQ3610145905

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 287746

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing