THE VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1029794
Date first listed:
21-Sep-1954
Statutory Address:
THE VICARAGE, WESTHALL ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029794.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 05-Mar-2021 at 17:08:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE VICARAGE, WESTHALL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Surrey
District:
Tandridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Warlingham
National Grid Reference:
TQ 35531 58414

Details

TQ 35NE CATERHAM & WARLINGHAM WESTHALL ROAD, FORMER URBAN DISTRICT WARLINGHAM 3/43 The Vicarage 21.9.54 GV II*

House. c1674, extended at the rear in the late C19. Red brick with blue brick headers, deep moulded eaves to plain tiled roof with end stacks. T plan, 2 storeys and attic under 5 hipped roof casement dormers. 5 bays articulated by brick piers below, Doric pilasters above; brick plat band between. Glazing bar sash windows in flush frames dropping down into the plat band on the first floor; central first floor window smaller. Central half glazed door under transome light in C20 gabled brick porch breaking up through plat band above. Extensive tile hanging on rear additions.

Victoria County History IV. p334.

Listing NGR: TQ3553158414

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
287698
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Malden, H E, The Victoria History of the County of Surrey, (1912), 334

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jan 2001
Reference: IOE01/02372/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Desmond Pye. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].