OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1029847

Date first listed: 02-Dec-1952

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029847 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 17:52:03.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Staffordshire

District: Newcastle-under-Lyme (District Authority)

Parish: Loggerheads

National Grid Reference: SJ 72523 37417

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 73 NW LOGGERHEADS C.P MUCKLESTONE

8/116 - ---- --- ---.-- ------------ Old Rectory 2/12/52 GV II

Former rectory, now house. Probably partly C17, extended and re-modelled c.1730 and c.1820-30. Red brick (partly painted) in parts probably over timber frame; plain tiled roofs, gabled to east, hipped to west. 2 storeys and attics; cellars. East front: in 2 distinct sections with steeper roof pitch to left. C18 brick cladding over timber frame; right-hand portion of 3 bays; glazing bar sashes and one gabled dormer in roof slope, tall brick end stacks; lower section with 2 sashes to first floor and 2 multi-paned casements to ground; sashed staircase window to left and gabled dormer in roof slope, also to left. South front: re-faced c,1730 (see straight joint between brick angle pilaster and wall behind). 5 bays with brick pilasters to 2 left-hand bays and right-hand corner; flush-framed glazing bar sashes, those on ground floor with segmental heads (also one narrow blocked window to left- hand bay on first floor); late C19 inserted pointed doorway with Gothic tracery to left-hand bay; floor band and moulded eaves cornice, 2 brick ridge stacks. West (garden) front: in 3 bays with wide projecting full-height 3-window bow with conical roof to left; glazing bar sashes including one blind and one tripartite French window to right; wide spreading eaves, ridge stack. Long single-storeyed painted brick range (housing workshops) extends at right-angles from south-east corner of east side (hidden from south by red brick wall with stone coping [not included]). Interior: drawing room in bow with plaster ceiling and marble fireplace (c.1830), original shutters to this range; cellars with thick, coursed sandstone walls probably C17. Double-purlin roof. with straight windbraces.

Listing NGR: SJ7252337417

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 362598

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing