FRIMLEY PARK MANSION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1030070

Date first listed: 19-Jul-1984

Statutory Address: FRIMLEY PARK MANSION, FRIMLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FRIMLEY PARK MANSION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1030070 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 08:53:12.

Location

Statutory Address: FRIMLEY PARK MANSION, FRIMLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Surrey Heath (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SU 87583 58411

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 85NE CAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY FORMER U.D. FRIMLEY ROAD

7/13 Frimley Park Mansion

II

Country house, now Army Cadet training centre. 1760 with C20 extensions to street front (west). For Sir Henry Tichbourne. Whitewashed stucco with hipped slate roofs. Two storeys and attics, under 4 flat roof dormers on entrance front, 3 storeys on right hand return front (south) former entrance front of 1760. Plinth below, plat band over ground floor, cornice over first floor to base of balustrade and parapet on entrance front (west), with rendered multiple stacks to left end, and right of centre. Entrance front (west). Regular with 4 bay recessed centre and angle bays rising through two storeys to ends with channeled rustication to corners. Glazing bar sash windows throughout with doubled casement doors to angle bays; wrought iron balconies across first floor. Doubled panelled doors to right of centre under pedimented Doric porch. Two bays set back to left end with blocked windows. Right hand return front (south): Former entrance front 7 bay front with central three bays in the shallow pedimented block. Glazing bar sash windows with central first floor venetian style window in arched recessed panel. Central blind arch above in pediment enclosing swag. Flat hood Doric frontispiece to centre of ground floor.

Interior:- Reputedly some C18 fragments surviving. Also late C17 staircase from previous house and Jacobean panelling. Interior not inspected.

Latrobe is known to have worked at the house in c1780.

PEVSNER: Buildings of England, Surrey (1971) p.248

Listing NGR: SU8758358411

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 287082

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Nairn, I Rev. by Cherry, The Buildings of England: Surrey, (1971), 248

End of official listing