ALL SAINTS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1030288

Date first listed: 16-Mar-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Aug-1988

Statutory Address: ALL SAINTS HOUSE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALL SAINTS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1030288 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 08:04:24.

Location

Statutory Address: ALL SAINTS HOUSE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal (District Authority)

Parish: Debach

National Grid Reference: TM 24254 54348

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DEBACH THE STREET TM 25 SW (South side) 8/69 16/3/66 All Saints House (formerly listed as Church of All Saints) - II

House, formerly Church. 1854-1856 Designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, executed by R.M. Phipson. Rubble flint with ashlar dressings and a plain tile roof. Nave (divided into two storeys) and Chancel (retained as a single-storey drawing room) under one continuous roof. Road front (North face): Nave doorway at right of centre with richly moulded ashlar surround. To either side of this are lancets with chamfered surrounds. Over the doorway is a C20 lean-to porch with catslide roof. To the chancel on this side is a pointed window at right with a richly moulded surround. Priest's door at left with moulded surround and a 2-light window at far left with 2 trefoil-headed lights and a cinquefoil to the apex with hood mould having floral label stops. To either angle of this front are diagonal buttresses with offsets and there are decorative ridge tiles to the apex of the roof. East end: central three-light window with trefoil heads and a quadruplet of daggers within a circular surround to the apex. West end: two light central window with trefoil head and C20 gable. Two-storey wing projecting, at right. Interior: The chancel retains its steps, the richly moulded sedilia, the vestry door with hood mould and figurehead label stops and pulpit, also richly carved and entered by a staircase from the vestry.

Listing NGR: TM2425454348

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 286483

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing